Mobile Crane Operator Safety Training
For mobile crane use in General Industry and on non-construction worksites, the crane operator safety training session is designed for experienced operators who have not received updated or current formal training in safe crane operating procedures and practices. Typically, facilities maintenance teams would need this type of training if this equipment was being used at the plant. This program covers both classroom and practical mobile crane principles. The practical on-site training fulfills the basics of General Duty Clause as well as OSHA 1910.180.
Course Content – Classroom Instruction:
- 4 hours classroom (instruction and testing)
- Causes of crane accidents
- Relevant OSHA crane regulations & ANSI/ASME crane standards
- Types and uses mobile cranes
- Crane operating components and equipment
- Basic principles of safe crane operation
- Crane pre-shift inspections (including sling & attachments inspection requirements)
- Crane sling hitches & sling angles
- Crane lifting hardware & attachments (specific to application)
- Crane safety hand signals
- Turning and placing crane loads
Hands-On Training and Evaluation:
- ½ hour per person practical crane safety evaluation
- Proper crane pre-shift inspection
- Proper crane load management, load movement and placement
- Safe crane operating techniques
- Job site specific hazards for crane operation
- Safe crane shut-down and/or attachment parking
Looking To Get Your Employees Certified?
Our safety training services were created and designed to meet and/or exceed all local state and Federal regulations related to employee safety training.