OSHA 10 Hour Safety and Health Course for General Industry
The OSHA 10 Hour Course for General Industry is designed for workers in manufacturing, material handling and warehousing, trades and related business service industries. This basic OSHA safety course offers a broad but comprehensive knowledge base of standard topics such as lockout/tagout, electrical safety, Hazard Communication and more topics that are part of the critical safety elements for every worker.
This course offers a company or organization the full range of the most common and conventional safety issues that are faced on an everyday basis. Employees will be more alert, more focused and more confident in their understanding and knowledge of safety in their immediate and general workplace setting. Your organization will also benefit by qualifying for exceptional status with one of OSHA’s workplace rating programs such as VPP and it will benefit those organizations that are seeking or have achieved ISO certifications, as well. Bottom line is that for a very small investment in your employees, you can look forward to reduced product damage, reductions in injuries and illnesses and an elevated status of safety performance from the governing agencies and organizations.
- Introduction to OSHA/History of OSHA
- Electrical Safety
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Exit Routes
- Emergency Action Plans
- Fire Prevention Plans
- Fire Protection
- Materials Handling and Back Injury Prevention
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Machine Guarding
- Hazard Communication
- Blood borne Pathogens
Due to recent program changes as directed by OSHA in 2010, this course now must be completed in 1.5 days minimum (8 hour day). Since it is 10 Hours long in content, the course is completed in one 8 hour day and one 4 hour day which includes breaks, lunch and any other administrative task time. Though the course can be broken down time wise across several days or weeks, we only offer the course in the 8 hour plus 4 hour consecutive day interval.
Resource and reference materials are provided each attendee. Refreshments and lunch are also provided for your convenience.
Free For You!
- With this course, you receive a reference binder with all the learning materials that were used in the course including a very comprehensive module on OSHA and your rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
- You will also receive an OSHA 10 Hour Card demonstrating that you have successfully completed the requirements of the course. This card is issued directly from OSHA. However, will issue a wall certificate to each attendee that completes the course.
Looking To Get Your Employees Certified?
Our safety training services were created and designed to meet and/or exceed all local state and Federal regulations related to employee safety training.