Overhead Crane Operator Safety Training
The crane operator safety training session is designed for experienced operators who have not received updated or current formal training in safe crane operating procedures and practices. This program covers both classroom and practical overhead crane principles. The practical on-site training fulfills the basics of General Duty Clause as well as the specific OSHA CFR 1910.179 requirements for your company.
- Approximately 4 hours classroom (instruction and testing)
- ½ hour per person practical crane safety evaluation (prior experience only)
- 4 hours of practice and demonstration of ability with final evaluation (no prior experience)
Course Content: Classroom Instructions
- Causes of crane accidents
- Relevant OSHA crane regulations & ANSI/ASME crane standards
- Types of overhead cranes, mobile cranes
- Crane operating components and equipment
- Basic principles of safe crane operation
- Crane pre-shift inspections (including sling & attachments inspection requirements)
- Crane sling hitches & sling angles
- Crane lifting hardware & attachments (specific to application)
- Crane safety hand signals
- Turning and placing crane loads
Hands-on Training and Evaluation
- Proper crane pre-shift inspection
- Proper crane load management, load movement and placement
- Safe crane operating techniques
- Facility site specific hazards for crane operation
- Safe crane shut-down and/or attachment parking
Looking To Get Your Employees Certified?
Our safety training services were created and designed to meet and/or exceed all local state and Federal regulations related to employee safety training.