Competent Person - Fall Arrest and Protection
This course is designed for an organization’s designated competent person who will have the necessary knowledge, training and technical background to offer guidance and supervision over work situations dealing with employees working at heights. This individual should also have the authority and ability to interject and stop any unsafe situations that are recognized.
Training employees, personal fall arrest systems descriptions and set up processes including proper donning of PFAS will be covered. Depending upon the organization and nature of the work, this course will cover most standard scenarios including working with aerial work platform equipment and the related requirements and fall protection/arrest issues surrounding the use of such equipment.
Classroom Instruction Plus PFAS Practical Evaluation Practice:
- Relevant OSHA regulations and ANSI rules concerning fall arrest training
- Passive And Active Restraint fall arrest system
- Fall Arrest System (Harness, Belt, Lanyard, Shock Absorption)
- Fall Arrest usage determination
- Classes Of Harnesses And Their Uses in fall arrest training
- Anchorages (Engineered, Non-Engineered) in fall arrest training
- Types Of Lanyards in fall arrest training
- Calculating Total Fall Distances
- Rope Grabs And Related Equipment used in fall arrest
- Horizontal Life Lines
- Forming A Rescue Plan for fall arrest emergencies
- Suspension Trauma
- Review of Competent Person Responsibilities
- Final Comprehensive Multiple Choice Test
- Inspection Of The Harness Before Use
- Inspection Of The Lanyard
- Proper Sizing Of The Harness For Each Individual
- Proper Care And Storage Of The Harness And Lanyard To Maximize Life
Looking To Get Your Employees Certified?
Our safety training services were created and designed to meet and/or exceed all local state and Federal regulations related to employee safety training.