Train-the-Trainer Overhead Crane
This two day (16 hours) program is designed to give your company’s in-house trainer the information necessary to design and implement your own in-house overhead crane safety & training program. Included are OSHA regulations pertaining to overhead cranes and hoists and regulations governing slings and attachments .This program covers OSHA and ANSI/ASME requirements, liability issues, documentation, and responsibilities.
New trainers will gain a strong foundation in critical training skills and seasoned trainers will be introduced to new approaches for delivering powerful training.
- Legal and Organizational Responsibilities of a Trainer
- OSHA regulations & ANSI/ASME standards
- Developing the safety training program
- Qualities of an effective trainer
- Types of cranes and application
- Overhead crane components
- Basic principles of safe crane operation
- Pre-shift inspections (including sling and attachments inspection requirements)
- Hitches & sling angles for load rigging
- Lifting hardware & attachments (specific to application)
- Crane safety hand signals and communication essentials
- Load turninig and placement techniques
- Written test and evaluations
- MINIMUM 3 ATTENDEES FOR ON-SITE TRAINING
Trainer’s Reference Manual, PowerPoint, training document templates included. Wallet cards and wall certificates will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Looking To Get Your Employees Certified?
Our safety training services were created and designed to meet and/or exceed all local state and Federal regulations related to employee safety training.